Warranty & Non-Warranty Repair
Please note that ship to addresses have changed. Do not ship amplifiers direct to Vibroplex for repair. Contact us first.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SHIPPING FOR REPAIR:
For warranty and non-warranty repairs, download the fillable .PDF repair form and fill it out as completely as possible. Include amplifier serial number.
Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with a RMA number and direct you where to send the amp for service. We are using contracted repair service in Pennsylvania at this time; do not ship the amp to Vibroplex in Tennessee.
Pack the amp securely, preferably in the original shipping carton. Enclose the completed form with RMA number inside the box.
We recommend against using styrofoam packing peanuts for packing; they allow equipment to migrate around the inside of the box increasing the probability of damage.
Click the link here for the REPAIR FORM:
HELP ON CAT ERROR PROBLEMS:
IF after trying the information below, CAT ERROR still will not go away, then turn the amplifier OFF using the RED rear switch. Wait about 2 minutes, then turn amplifier back on. This should help.
If the latest firmware ending with a “V3” is installed on your amplifier it has some added helpful features. If you see a CAT ERROR warning on the display try the below directions.
Receiving a CAT ERROR warning really just means this:
1. The CAT cable may be disconnected for that INPUT.
However, the ERROR message should go away shortly.
2. The transceiver for that INPUT may not be turned ON.
3. The CAT cable has been damaged.
4. The CAT selection for transceiver for that INPUT may be incorrect. CAT selection & transceiver must match. (Some exceptions may be when using Kenwood and some Yaesu protocols for some other transceivers.)
5. Wrong baud rate setting. The transceiver and amplifier baud rates must match. One may have changed. Note: Pushing DISPLAY button may remove the ERROR. However, the “Operate” mode may not work until the error is resolved.
6. After changes are made, you may find that TURNING OFF the amplifier, and after ON LED goes off, turning it back ON may help remove the CAT ERROR.